Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is simply wonderful and not too sweet. I adapted this from a BH&G recipe. You don't even have to get the mixer out for this one! It's best served warm.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 822.13 g can peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl mix first 6 ingredients.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 3 ingredients.
- Add to flour mixture all at once.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch, greased pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minute until toothpick comes out clean.
YUM! For the sugar topping, I used a mixture of white & brown sugar with the cinnamon, which added some crunch.
DEELY, you would be so proud of Mark. He made this dish for breakfast this morning and it turned out GREAT!!! The flavor is wonderful and it is not too sweet....new favorite at my house...THANKS!