Recipe by Deely
This is simply wonderful and not too sweet. I adapted this from a BH&G recipe. You don't even have to get the mixer out for this one! It's best served warm.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl mix first 6 ingredients.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 3 ingredients.
- Add to flour mixture all at once.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch, greased pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minute until toothpick comes out clean.