Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe. It is easy and great tasting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup firm butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, drained
- Grease & flour 9x13 pan.
- Mix 2/3 cup cake mix with sugar, nuts and butter until crumbly.
- Beat eggs and blend in sour cream and remaining cake mix, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spread 1/2 batter in pan, sprinkle top with 1/2 sugar mixture. Spoon on peaches, spoon on rest of batter and top with rest of sugar mixture.
- Bake 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.
I was rummaging through my mother's old recipes this morning, and found this recipe hand-written by her. She said she had copied it out of a magazine many years ago, and I was lucky to have found it posted here! This all time favorite peach coffee cake, I used fresh peaches off my peach tree, but other then that, stayed true to the recipe. This is just to melt for, it is THAT good. A must, must, try during peach season, or anytime for that matter. I let mine back about 45 minutes because I used a clear baking dish. Thanks for posting!