Recipe by Debbwl
Fresh peaches baked underneath a chew oatmeal cookie and served with vanilla ice cream makes this a true down home recipe. **In the fall you can use apple instead of peaches** You can make this in individual ramekins with one dollop of dough on top of each. *do not over mix the cookie dough or your topping will be tough* cook time does not inclued cooling time.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Oh my goodness, this was fabulous! I loved the topping!! I used 6 fresh peaches and it was the perfect amount. Such a great blend of flavors and a nice, crunchy topping. I served this warm with some vanilla bean ice cream. Yum! Thank you. Made for the International Agents of QUEST during a Culinary Quest.
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 946.36 ml fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (I normally use 6 peaches, have also made durring using apples during the fall)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 small egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml oats (not instant)
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To Make Peach Filling: In a large saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice, tossing until peaches are evenly coated.
- Cook filling over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Keep mixture hot in oven while you make cookie topping.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible, stir in oats just till incorporated. **Over mixing develops the gluten, making the cookie topping tough.**.
- Remove peach filling from oven and drop cookie dough onto peaches in 6 equal-size spoonful’s.
- Return cobbler to oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until cookie topping is golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes or more; serve warm with vanilla ice cream.