1/8 Photos of Peach Cobbler With Oatmeal Cookie Topping
Fresh peaches baked underneath a chew oatmeal cookie and served with vanilla ice cream makes this a true down home recipe. **In the fall you can use apple instead of peaches** You can make this in individual ramekins with one dollop of dough on top of each. *do not over mix the cookie dough or your topping will be tough* cook time does not inclued cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (I normally use 6 peaches, have also made durring using apples during the fall)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup oats (not instant)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2To Make Peach Filling: In a large saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice, tossing until peaches are evenly coated.
- 3Cook filling over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute.
- 4Pour mixture into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Keep mixture hot in oven while you make cookie topping.
- 5Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 6Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla with a hand mixer on low.
- 7To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- 8Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible, stir in oats just till incorporated. **Over mixing develops the gluten, making the cookie topping tough.**.
- 9Remove peach filling from oven and drop cookie dough onto peaches in 6 equal-size spoonful’s.
- 10Return cobbler to oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until cookie topping is golden brown.
- 11Cool 10 minutes or more; serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Cobbler With Oatmeal Cookie Topping
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 178.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g