Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 4 cups peaches, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick or similar product)
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the peaches in a greased baking pan.
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt, then sprinkle over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice, almond extract over the peach mixture.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the biscuits by combining all of the biscuit ingredients and stirring well.
- Remove the baking pan and drop the dough onto the hot peach mixture and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the biscuits are done.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.