Recipe by Dorel
This is so good and you can have it any time of year with your own preserved peaches. It could be made with can peaches, but really cut down on the sugar. It is a combination of other recipes that I tweaked till I got what I liked the best
Top Review by Steph_40135
(JUNE 2004) Made with my Babcia's peaches (she grew and canned them). The kids and I loved it, but my husband said he wasn't crazy about it (what does he know!) I used 1/2 cup sugar, and it was great! We served it with Cool Whip. Tastes great warm or cool. UPDATE SEPT 2009: STILL A GREAT STAND-BY RECIPE. ONE OF MY FAVE DESSERT/TREAT TO MAKE.
- 1 quart peach, drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar, depending on how much sugar you used when you did up your peaches,if you really have a sweet tooth,u
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted,I just put in the 8 inch square baking dish and microwave for a short time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk (can be 1%, 2% or whole milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar.
- Stir in milk until just combined.
- Pour batter over butter.
- Top with peaches.
- Bake at 375*F for about 45 minutes.
- Best served warm but I eat the leftovers by just heating in microwave for a short time.