Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so delicious and so simple to make. Pop it in the oven while the coffee brews and it will be ready in no time.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (1 lb) canssliced peaches, do not drain
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Slice bread into 1" thick slices and lay flat in an oblong dish.
- Blend next 4 ingredients and pour over bread.
- Cover and let set until liquid is absorbed.
- Spray another 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray and place peaches and juice in the bottom.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
- Place bread slices over peaches and brush with melted butter.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 25 minutes.
Yummy. Good, light flavors. Sooo easy. I did it on a school morning- prep time was a lot less than the 20 minutes listed. However- I used a large can of peaches and all of the juices- (1#130z.) It was very, very runny. I'll try using only about 1/2 of the syrup next time. Also- I skipped the butter (because it was so moist). Next time, I'll reserve some of the brown sugar/ cinnamon to sprinkle on top. (It also took a lot longer than 20 min to bake- but I did have more liquid involved) All in all- I will definitely try this recipe again.