Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
takes 10 minutes to make - everyone asks for this recipe - and it's great to take for potluck, to a teacher...
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, if desired
- Melt 1 stick butter in 2 QT souffle [or casserole] dish in 350 degree oven.
- Drain peaches in a sieve, sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over and let sit over a bowl.
- Meanwhile, blend flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk.
- When butter is melted, remove from oven.
- Add batter all at once.
- Add blueberries to drained, sugared peaches.
- Pour peaches in sugar over batter carefully. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- the sugar caramelizes to a brown crust around edge - and is so good against the soft peaches and gooey batter!
Way too greasy. Didn't like the texture of the crust. Sorry.
I was easy to make and had good flavor but I couldn't get it done in the middle. I put it in a 2 quart casserole dish as it said but I think the next time I will put it in a longer casserole dish like an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for sharing.
This is a great pantry recipe. Everything always on had. I added a bit of cinnamon and nutmet to the mix. Liked it served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Thanks for the recipe!