Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
OK, don't let the name scare you. It is only called that because my 11-yo daughter said the kitchen smelled like Peach Cobbler while this was cooking. I came up with this one night when I had seasoned boneless/skinless chicken thighs for fajitas & REALLY was tired of Mexican food. If you try it please post a comment, maybe you can make it BETTER! The kids seemed to like it & that is a BEAUTIFUL thing when you have an 11yo & twin 3yo boys!!
- 4 -5 pieces boneless chicken (I used boneless & skinless thighs)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil, to coat pan
- 1 cup chicken broth (I actually only had chicken boullion, so made my own!)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peaches
- 1⁄2 cup peach butter (I'm sure you could use preserves also, but didn't have it!)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch (enough to make a slurry)
- Heat oil on medium - medium/high heat.
- Brown the chicken on both sides 4-5 mins per side.
- Remove chicken & set aside.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth (stir liquid in pan to loosen all the browned "bits" from the bottom of pan).
- Stir in frozen peaches.
- Let peaches simmer 3-5 mins to slightly defrost.
- Stir in peach butter/preserves.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Let simmer until chicken is completely done (about 10 mins).
- Stir together water & enough cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Stir slurry into pan.
- Simmer for another 3-5 mins to thicken.
- Remove from heat & serve.
This was a easy meal and the whole family loved it. I only had canned peaches so I used 1 can plus juice. I also added 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar just to cut the sweetness a little. I served this over couscous and it was great. Thanks for the recipe!