Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is my rendition of another recipe I found by someone whose name rhymes with Carla Spleen. I post it to keep it on hand for myself. I don't like to cook my fresh peaches, and there is less sugar than the original recipe. You won't miss it...believe me. This is as close to my Arkansas-born grandmother's recipe as I have found.
- 709.77 ml fresh peaches, pitted, sliced
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 118.32 ml butter, cut into pieces
- 236.59 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- Place butter in 9x13 glass baking dish. Put in oven to melt.
- Combine the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon, if desired. Set aside.
- Make batter of the remaining sugar (1 cup), flour, baking soda, then the milk. Mix/stir until smooth. Pour over melted butter. DO NOT MIX.
- Spoon peach mixture over the batter throughout the pan. DO NOT STIR. The batter will bake and rise up over the peaches.
- Bake 35-45 minutes.