Recipe by judijo
This recipe is my rendition of another recipe I found by someone whose name rhymes with Carla Spleen. I post it to keep it on hand for myself. I don't like to cook my fresh peaches, and there is less sugar than the original recipe. You won't miss it...believe me. This is as close to my Arkansas-born grandmother's recipe as I have found.
- 3 cups fresh peaches, pitted, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- Place butter in 9x13 glass baking dish. Put in oven to melt.
- Combine the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon, if desired. Set aside.
- Make batter of the remaining sugar (1 cup), flour, baking soda, then the milk. Mix/stir until smooth. Pour over melted butter. DO NOT MIX.
- Spoon peach mixture over the batter throughout the pan. DO NOT STIR. The batter will bake and rise up over the peaches.
- Bake 35-45 minutes.