This recipe is my rendition of another recipe I found by someone whose name rhymes with Carla Spleen. I post it to keep it on hand for myself. I don't like to cook my fresh peaches, and there is less sugar than the original recipe. You won't miss it...believe me. This is as close to my Arkansas-born grandmother's recipe as I have found.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- 2Place butter in 9x13 glass baking dish. Put in oven to melt.
- 3Combine the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon, if desired. Set aside.
- 4Make batter of the remaining sugar (1 cup), flour, baking soda, then the milk. Mix/stir until smooth. Pour over melted butter. DO NOT MIX.
- 5Spoon peach mixture over the batter throughout the pan. DO NOT STIR. The batter will bake and rise up over the peaches.
- 6Bake 35-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Cobbler by Judijo
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g