Recipe by pink cook
This is an excellent recipe from the Czech Heritage cookbook that I have, and the recipe is from Mrs. Willie Mae Podsednik.
Top Review by Chocolatl
This is very tasty. The ingredients list says butter, and the instructions say margarine, but I'm sure you could use either one. When you pour the batter in the pan, the melted butter rises up over it, so all the sides of the cobbler are nice and crisp. Unfortunately, my peaches were a little bit over the hill; the better the peaches, the better the cobbler will taste. It would be delicious with a big scoop of peach ice cream. Thanks for posting!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar (or use Splenda Blend)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or use Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and pour into 8x8 inch square pan. Mix together sugar, milk and egg. Sift together flour and baking powder and add to liquid mixture. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour on top of the margarine in the cooking pan. Add peach slices and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Bake at 400ºF. oven for 30 minutes. As the cobbler cooks, the batter will rise up and around the peaches.
- Serve warm and enjoy with a good cup of coffee or glass of milk. Mmmm -- delicious.