Recipe by Suellen Anderson
I found this peach cobbler recipe on the internet from the Salt Lick Restaurant in Austin, TX. Everyone loves this recipe so much I have to make a double batch! Feel free to cut back on the sugar. Everyone has and the peach cobbler still comes out perfect. :D Personally, I always use two bags of frozen peaches instead of canned.
Top Review by Graybert
This was absolutely delicious!! It was very easy to prepare and I had all the ingredients on hand. I have never made a peach colbler before and this one will definately be a repeat in my home!! I may cut back a wee bit on the sugar next time. As well, it only took 30 minutes to cook to a golden brown for me. Served it with French Vanilla Ice Cream - Yummy!!!
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup room temperature milk
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Stir in milk & egg.
- Pour evenly over melted butter.
- Combine peaches, sugar & spices and spread over batter-DO NOT STIR!
- Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°F until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.