This is a throw together recipe using fresh or canned peaches. In summer I use fresh, in winter I use canned.
- 680.38-793.78 g canned peaches, drained or 709.77-946.36 ml sliced fresh peaches, peeled, with juice
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml warm water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml milk
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Heat filling on stove in saucepan until margarine and spices are melted and blended with the peaches and sugar, stirring on medium heat.
- Pour into a 12 X 12 deep baking dish or deep dish pie pan or glass baking dish. The filling should be hot!
- In medium bowl add the topping ingredients and mix.
- Pour over the filling. It is ok if it sinks to the bottom. It will come back up.
- Place a flat pan under this dish, in case there are spills from baking.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
I made this recipe on 9/29/11 for two different events, " Kitchen Cupboard " & " October Through Your Eyes " both in the Food Photo Forum.Since it was just my SO and myself the recipe was cut in half. For the peaches, canned was used.I highly recommend that if you are cutting back on this recipe, use a lot less than 3/8ths. cup of water.For me,using the brown sugar and the allspice gave this peach cobbler a very nice twist to the recipe that I normally use. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
It is really good and the whole family loves it. The only thing I do differently if top it off with a little cinnamon after I take it out of the oven. It is a great, quick recipe to throw together for unexpected guest too!