Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a throw together recipe using fresh or canned peaches. In summer I use fresh, in winter I use canned.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 9/29/11 for two different events, " Kitchen Cupboard " & " October Through Your Eyes " both in the Food Photo Forum.Since it was just my SO and myself the recipe was cut in half. For the peaches, canned was used.I highly recommend that if you are cutting back on this recipe, use a lot less than 3/8ths. cup of water.For me,using the brown sugar and the allspice gave this peach cobbler a very nice twist to the recipe that I normally use. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 24 -28 ounces canned peaches, drained or 3 -4 cups sliced fresh peaches, peeled, with juice
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Heat filling on stove in saucepan until margarine and spices are melted and blended with the peaches and sugar, stirring on medium heat.
- Pour into a 12 X 12 deep baking dish or deep dish pie pan or glass baking dish. The filling should be hot!
- In medium bowl add the topping ingredients and mix.
- Pour over the filling. It is ok if it sinks to the bottom. It will come back up.
- Place a flat pan under this dish, in case there are spills from baking.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.