Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light's 1994 Annual Cookbook. This can be served with 1/4 cup of vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt on each serving if you so desire.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced frozen peaches, thawed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring well. Add peaches, stirring well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add 2 1/2 tsp margarine, lemon juice and vanilla extract; stir until margarine melts. Transfer to an 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Add milk and 3 Tbsp margarine; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour over peach mixture.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into individual serving bowls. Serve immediately.
Delicious recipe! I did add alittle more sugar to the peach mixture and a dash of ground cloves before adding the flour mixture. We like ours a bit more sweet and we like the taste of cloves. DH and our company enjoyed this cobbler very much! Wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!!
I scaled this down to serve about 2.5 and it worked great. I make prep a little easier I microwaved the first steps and used splenda and some parts whole wheat flour. great recipe for a cobbler! Made for PAC!