Prep 1 hr 25 mins
Cook 1 min
A delightful version of the peach cobbler.
Basic crust for Double crust Pie
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup ice water
- 3 lbs medium peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for top crust
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- PIE CRUST:
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the shortening and cut it in with a fork or pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs with a few pea-sized bits.
- Stirring with a fork, gradually add enough of the water until the mixture clumps together.
- Gather up the dough and press into a flat disc, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out the dough to a large square that is 1/8-inch thick.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out 6 circles and keep cold.
- Butter 6 (4-ounce) ramekins.
- Place the smaller rounds of dough into the ramekins and press down into the bottom and sides.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Fold in the butter.
- Divide the peach mixture between the 6 ramekins.
- Cover the peach mixture with the larger rounds of dough, letting the dough come down the sides of the ramekins.
- Pinch the dough firmly onto the top edge of the dish.
- Cut a few slits in the top of the dough.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place back in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cobbler from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon.