Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I noticed that there were no clafoutis posted using peaches, so I am remedying that! This one is from Bakefest 2004 and is very easy to prepare, since it uses canned fruit. Just make sure you drain the fruit really well.
- 796 ml canned peaches, sliced and drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs or 3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- icing sugar (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Drain the peaches well.
- Toss with the cranberries, brandy, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Arrange in a 10" casserole or deep-dish pie plate, mounding the fruit slightly in the centre of the dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the evaporated milk and melted butter.
- Blend the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the peach mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the centre is set and the top is golden.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- Serve warm.
What a great recipe! The brandy adds a slightly sophisticated flavour and really compliments the peaches. The cranberries look very pretty as well. Tasted absolutely delicious!