Recipe by Irmgard
I noticed that there were no clafoutis posted using peaches, so I am remedying that! This one is from Bakefest 2004 and is very easy to prepare, since it uses canned fruit. Just make sure you drain the fruit really well.
Top Review by maitlandsmom
What a great recipe! The brandy adds a slightly sophisticated flavour and really compliments the peaches. The cranberries look very pretty as well. Tasted absolutely delicious!
- 796 ml canned peaches, sliced and drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs or 3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- icing sugar (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Drain the peaches well.
- Toss with the cranberries, brandy, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Arrange in a 10" casserole or deep-dish pie plate, mounding the fruit slightly in the centre of the dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the evaporated milk and melted butter.
- Blend the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the peach mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the centre is set and the top is golden.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- Serve warm.