Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
On my "must do list" this year is Peach Chutney. In previous years I am too busy during Peach season and totally miss out! I came across this recipe in a "Company's Coming" pint size book and know this is going to be the one. This would likely keep in refrigerator for a while.
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1⁄2 cup light colored raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Simmer slowly, stirring often until thickened, approx 20 minutes. It should be the thickness of soft jam.
- Transfer to a pretty glass container (sterilized) or small crock.
- Stand back and admire your handiwork.