1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A plethora of peaches? Lucky you! You can put up some of this delicious peach chutney to have on hand. Try this with apricots too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs peaches, peeled,pitted and diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, skimming froth.
- 2Simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until thick and brown.
- 3Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving atleast ½ inch headspace.
- 4Seal jars.
- 5Put jars in water bath and add enough water to cover jars by 2 inches.
- 6Bring water to boil and process jars, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 7Let cool and store in a cool, dark place.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 109.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: