1/3 Photos of Peach Chutney
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
If you are a fan of chutney I think you will like this recipe. DH absolutely loves it especially paired with grilled pork tenderloin. If you like hot and spicy you can always add more jalapenos or substitute habanero peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1814.36 g ripe firm peaches
- 354.88 ml golden raisins
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 118.29 ml crystallized ginger, chopped
- 473.18 ml cider vinegar
- 709.77 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1Score an "x" on the bottom of the peaches and place in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- 2Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately submerge in ice water.
- 3Remove peelings and pits being sure to remove any of the "red" from the middle.
- 4Dice into small chunks.
- 5Combine all ingredients in large pot and bring to a simmer.
- 6Simmer until thickened, about 1 hour.
- 7While simmering prepare glass jars, lids and rings according the USDA guidelines for water bath canning.
- 8Ladle hot chutney into jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- 9Wipe rims and place seals on top and screw rings.
- 10Process in water bath for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (3546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 132.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: