Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I make every year to use up those great summer peaches. It is really good, especially in winter!
- 3 lbs peeled and chopped peaches
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup slivered preserved gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 lbs sugar
- 1 bottle liquid fruit pectin (2 pouches)
- Combine ingredients in a large pot.
- Cook slowly until desired consistency is reached (Note: does not thicken much more after cooking, so cook to desired consistency.)
- Mash slightly before filling hot, sterilized jars.
- Process 5 minutes.