Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
- 5 lbs firm peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 2⁄3 cups golden raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) packagechopped dates
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) jar crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place peaches in a big nonreactive saucepan.
- Cut lemon into fourths, then thinly slice.
- Add lemon slices, raisins, dates, and vinegar to peaches; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Decrease heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until peaches are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar; return to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add in pecans and remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pack chutney into hot jars, filling to ½ inch from top.
- Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
- Serve with chicken or pork; store in refrigerator after opening.