Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. June 2007.
- 5 cups peaches, chopped and peeled (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced seeded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in jalapeño. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and juice. Cool to room temperature.