Recipe by mama smurf
This is a light and yummy summer peach pie which everyone loves. My mom found the recipe many years ago in a Betty Crocker Cookbook. I have looked for it in many of her other cookbooks and never have found it. Cooking time is letting it chill and set up.
Top Review by onebusymom2013
This is a wonderful summer time dessert my whole family loved. I had a lot of extra peaches on hand from the orchard and it was the perfect way to use them. I will be making this again this week. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unfloavored gelatin (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 dash salt
- 9 inches vanilla wafer pie crusts or 9 inches graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Add sugar to peaches and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Soften gelatin in cold water; then dissolve in hot water. Cool.
- 3. Mix peaches, lemon juice and a dash of salt.
- 4. Chill til partially set.
- 5. Fold in whip cream.
- 6. Pour into a vanilla wafer pie crust or a graham cracker pie crust.
- 7. Chill completely til set. Eat and enjoy!