1/1 Photo of Peach Chicken Spring Salad
3 hrs 30 mins
Catfish Charlie's Note:
Preparation time includes marinating time. Grilled chicken with peaches on salad greens and fried rice noodles; better than you'd think and easy to make! The main idea for this dish came from my wife who was in the mood for peaches. What can I say, it turned out to be a great idea! Now it's becoming a staple dish for us. Despite the oil called for in the recipe, it is actually a very healthful recipe because most of the oil is in the chicken marinade and does not actually end up in the food itself, which of course the nutrition calculator can not take into consideration. Makes a good main dish, a bit too much for a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (12 ounce) package chow mein noodles (or 1 recipe for fried rice noodles)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Mix together well: olive oil, canola oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, juice from canned peaches, lime juice, sesame oil, balsamic and cider vinegar, onion powder and garlic powder.
- 2Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for the salad dressing.
- 3Season the reserved 1 cup of dressing with salt to taste.
- 4Refrigerate the dressing until needed.
- 5To the remaining mixture, add the rest of the salt as well as the water and pepper.
- 6In a large bowl or freezer bag place the chicken breasts in this mixture and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 7After marinating, grill the chicken on hot grill until cooked through and no pink remains in the center, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the grill and the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- 8Discard the used marinade--do not use this for dressing the salad (that is what the reserved cup of dressing is for).
- 9Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 single-serving plates and decorate with fried rice noodles.
- 10Using a peeler, slice the carrot into thin strips and arrange on the plates.
- 11Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad with several peach slices.
- 12Before serving, drizzle with the reserved dressing (shake well first) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Chicken Spring Salad
Serving Size: 1 (667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1362.2
- Calories from Fat 871
- Total Fat 96.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 5143.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 44.2 g