Recipe by Catfish Charlie
Preparation time includes marinating time. Grilled chicken with peaches on salad greens and fried rice noodles; better than you'd think and easy to make! The main idea for this dish came from my wife who was in the mood for peaches. What can I say, it turned out to be a great idea! Now it's becoming a staple dish for us. Despite the oil called for in the recipe, it is actually a very healthful recipe because most of the oil is in the chicken marinade and does not actually end up in the food itself, which of course the nutrition calculator can not take into consideration. Makes a good main dish, a bit too much for a side salad.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (12 ounce) package chow mein noodles (or 1 recipe for fried rice noodles)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together well: olive oil, canola oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, juice from canned peaches, lime juice, sesame oil, balsamic and cider vinegar, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for the salad dressing.
- Season the reserved 1 cup of dressing with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate the dressing until needed.
- To the remaining mixture, add the rest of the salt as well as the water and pepper.
- In a large bowl or freezer bag place the chicken breasts in this mixture and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, grill the chicken on hot grill until cooked through and no pink remains in the center, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the grill and the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Discard the used marinade--do not use this for dressing the salad (that is what the reserved cup of dressing is for).
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 single-serving plates and decorate with fried rice noodles.
- Using a peeler, slice the carrot into thin strips and arrange on the plates.
- Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad with several peach slices.
- Before serving, drizzle with the reserved dressing (shake well first) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.