Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this out of the Chicago Sun Times, it's a nice summer GF treat.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup chopped dried peaches or 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- heat oven to 300.
- beat egg whites until foamy and beginning at hold their shape.
- Slowly add sugar keep beating until peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine peaches, almounds, cornstarch and cinnamon, mix well, add into meringue.
- spoon into 1 1/2 dollops on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- bake until lightly browned and crisp on outside, 35-40 minutes.