Recipe by katie in the UP
This recipe is from the Crow's Nest Restaurant in Santa Cruz, CA This is a great finishing touch for grilled lamb, pork or chicken!
- 4 cups dried peaches, chopped coarsely
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted poblano chiles
- 1 cup sweet dried cherries or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle, combine cider vinegar and red onions and bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling for 5 minutes, then add remaining ingredients and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until all ingredients are tender and reduced, approximately 1 hour.
- Let cool, discard cinnamon and serve.
- You can also cover and chill.
- Refrigerate and use as needed.
- Will keep for up to one month.