Recipe by evelyn/athens
These disappear fast - especially now with fresh peaches. In winter, tinned peaches may be used, or even apricots.
Top Review by sheepdoc
Not sure what I did wrong but the crust didn't work out. Stuck to the pan and was kind of gooey. Made double cheesecake layer. Forgot the sugar dusting and it needed the extra sweetness
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 peaches, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 X 9 X 2 inch pan.
- For base layer: Sift together graham crumbs, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, zest and salt; add butter and toss with a fork until butter is distributed.
- Add egg and blend well.
- Pat evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake crust 10 minutes while preparing filling.
- Make cheesecake layer: Beat cheese, sugar and vanilla until combined well.
- Add egg, juice, flour and salt; beat until smooth.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Arrange peaches symmetrically in one layer and bake 20-25 minutes or until just golden.
- Let cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into 3 x 1 inch bars.