Recipe by Curlee
No bake. Cooking time is refrigerating time. My father loves peaches, so when we have get togethers I usually make a peach dessert. Taken from Family Circle 2003. Sounds like alot of instructions, but it is very easy and pretty.
Top Review by J. Ko
I made this for PAC Spring 2008. This is a very nice dessert with a light texture. It is a little time-consuming, but well worth the time and effort. I will definitely make this again. Thank-you, Curlee, for sharing.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1.5 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers, each split in half (the soft type)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peach halves in juice, drained, patted dry
- 3 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, stir sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in milk. Heat over medium-high heat, slowly stirring, until mixture comes to boiling, 3 minutes; boil until very thick, 1 minute.
- In bowl, lightly beat yolks. Stir 1/3 cup of hot milk mixture into yolks. Stir yolk mixture into milk mixture in pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until instant-read thermometer registers 160, about 4 minutes.
- Scrape into bowl. Stir in almond extract. Place plastic wrap directly on surface; let cool. Refrigerate until very thick, 45 minute.
- Line bottom of 9in springform pan with foil. Coat foil and sides of pan with cooking spray. Stand landyfinger halves upright around side of pan. Line bottom with halves, tearing into pieces to fit.
- Thinly slice 2 peach halves for garnish and reserve. Place remaining halves, cut side down, in bottom of pan on top of fingers. Spoon filling over peaches.
- Pour schnapps into small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over top. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Gently heat over low heat until gelatin dissolves completely. Let cool.
- In large bowl, beat the cream until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar until very soft peaks form. Beat in vanilla and gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream over filling in pan. Arange reserved peach slices around edge. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.