Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I don't see why you could'nt try this with well-drained canned peaches if fresh peaches are not available. Yummy!!
- 8 cups sliced & peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Combine peaches with sugar, orange juice& nutmeg.
- Spoon into a 11x7 baking dish.
- Topping: Beat butter with sugar til fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in orange rind and vanilla.
- Stir 1/2 dry ingredients into batter, then stir in milk and then rest of flour.
- Spread on peaches and bake at 375 for about 50 minutes.
This is a great recipe I have the same one from Canadian Living Magazine, September 1995. I have used it often and was so glad to find it here. I can now discard my tattered clipped recipe without submitting it. Thank you!