Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very moist cake, good to the last crumb.
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, cut butter into dry cake mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat into a greased 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks; add the sour cream and mix well.
- Set aside 6-8 peaches for garnish.
- Cut remaining peaches into 1 inch pieces; stir into the sour cream mixture.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread with whipped topping; garnish with reserved peaches.
- Store in refrigerator.
I made this today for a Mother's Day lunch. Two moms, three grandmothers and one fiance agree... this dessert is delicious! I had a hard time keeping my fiance from eating the crust mixture before I could get it in the pan. Everyone was discussing the different fruits you could use and one of my grandmothers gave a rare compliment by saying she wouldn't change a thing - no point messing with something that's already wonderful. Now that is what I call success! Thank you so much for posting this recipe. :)