Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from "101 Things to do with a Cake Mix" by Stephanie Ashcraft. I got this book from my gran and am sharing a few of the recipes here!
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a fork,mix together the cake mix, pie filling, and eggs.
- Gently add sour cream.
- Spread into a greased 9x13-inch pan (preferably glass).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, crushed pineapple with juice and instant pudding.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into the whipped topping.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Must be refrigerated.
I made this with a yellow cake, I really do not like lemon and the presentation and taste were wonderful. We have friends that are getting fat from all of my 'zaar recipes. Great dessert and easy to make.
I did a bunch of things different, so I won't pretend what I have is even the same recipe - but I used it for the base of the recipe and it turned out fantastic. I had frozen peaches from jelly season last year I used instead of pie filling, I used fat free sour cream, pecan flavored cake mix, a can of peaches in syrup instead of pineapple for the frosting and fat free cream cheese along with light whipped topping. The results is a much lighter, lower calorie product which I think turned out wonderfully!
Very good recipe, but I agree with the other reviewer that yellow cake would have worked better with the overall flavor scheme. I'm a huge lemon fan but for some reason it tasted very slightly bitter in its tartness. The next day it was a lot better and extremely moist. I love the texture play with the peaches in the cake and pineapple in the creamy topping. It's a light dessert, something I enjoy after a heavier meal despite the creaminess of it.