Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a peach cake recipe adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-peach-cake-67536. I made some alterations that change the consistency and flavor a bit though, so I decided to post it separately. You can also make this recipe with apples or pears.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped (or can substitute apples or pears)
- Beat the oil and 1/4 cup applesauce with the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Add in the vanilla and stir.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the oil mixture slowly, stirring just until mixed.
- If the batter is too thick, add in a little extra apple sauce.
- Add in the chopped peaches.
- Place the batter in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out dry.