Prep 30 mins
Cook 36 mins
This is from a newspaper feature Recipe Card. From the Marengo United Quilter's Recipe and Remembrance Cookbook.Crawford County Indiana<-Where my Husband was born and raised!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed peaches
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup Milnot Condensed Milk (canned cream)
- 1 cup coconut
- Put flour, sugar, and soda in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Put peaches and eggs in a food processor or blender Mix.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and bake 30 minutes.Bake at 350.
- TOPPING: Cook 3/4 cup sugar, margarine, nuts, Milnot, and coconut about 6 minutes.
- Pour over warm cake.
I found this cake to be extremely moist and yummy! My oldest son said "Whooah,this is good!!! The only thing I did differently was omit the nuts and the added sugar in the icing. I also noticed that the oven temperature was missing in the recipe. I baked it at 350`
A member of our PTL at school made this for our spaghetti supper last night. She was kind enough to share the recipe. It is SO good! Very moist! I can't wait to make this for the family! Definately give this one a try, you won't be disappointed.