Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Quick to make, cool and refreshing to eat! A great Spring or Summertime dessert. Actually, since it used canned fruit, you don't have to limit yourself to Spring and Summer....from Quick Cooking Magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, sliced & drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cut butter into dry cake mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks; add the sour cream and mix well.
- Set aside 6-8 peach slices for garnish.
- Cut remaining peaches into 1-in. pieces; stir into the sour cream mixture.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread with whipped topping; top with reserved peaches.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12 servings.