Recipe by Sydney Mike
Several years ago, while searching for a good-tasting yet easy-to-make recipe for peach cake, I ended up combining several into this concoction, then made it for a friend's birthday!
Top Review by foodtvfan
This is a real 'peach' of a cake. I used pan release #78579 to prepare the pan, and saved a few slices of the peaches to decorate the top of the cake. Everyone I have served it to loves it and asks for the recipe. Will definitely make it again and recommend anyone who likes peaches to try this one for sure.
For the cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 (15 ounce) cans canned peaches, sliced, drained
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the topping
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1.5 (15 ounce) cans canned peaches, sliced, drained, diced, mashed
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees ahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add sugar and oil, mixing well.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, ALTERNATELY with the orange juice.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, toss sliced peaches with sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared tube pan; layer 1/2 of the peach mixture over it.
- Cover that peach layer with 1/3 of the batter; add the last 1/2 of the peach mixture.
- Follow that by layering the last 1/3 of the batter, covering the last peach layer completely.
- Put in oven and bake 1 hour.
- Cool cake 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl, combine mashed peaches, pudding and Cool Whip; blend well.
- Spread peach topping over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.