Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is quick to put together and tastes like you took a long time
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 29 ounces sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, water and oil.
- pour into a lightly greased 13x9" baking pan --
- pour peaches over cake mix,.set aside.
- combine sugar, cream cheese and 5 tbls of reserved peach juice -- beat till smooth --
- pour over peaches and bake at 350* for 50 minutes.
I made this for dinner last night. It is delicious. One change that I made was to substitute 4 cups of fresh peaches for the canned. I also needed to bake a bit longer. I left it in the oven until the center firmed up a bit. Thanks for the recipe, it will be made again.
This took about 15 more minutes to bake. I didn't realize though that I was supposed to reserve some of the peach juice, I drained all of it. Ended up using water to the cream cheese and sugar. This does turn soggy quite fast so make sure this is taken out of the refrigerator when ready to serve. A little too sweet for my tastes, but my family thought it was great. Thank You grandma2969-