Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Peaches, vanilla and coconut flavours. Yum!
- 4 slipstone peaches
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- vanilla ice cream
- Cut peaches in half and remove seed.
- Peel off the skin and cut halves in half again.
- Combine butter, sugar, coconut cream and liqueur in a baking dish.
- Place dish on top of stove and stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in peaches.
- Cook uncovered in a 200 degree C oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peaches are softened and sauce has thickened.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Serve in a dessert dish with 2 scoops of ice cream per serving and sprinkled with the coconut.
- You can substitute other flavoured liqueurs for the coconut if desired.