Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my mother-in-laws recipe. It is very easy and fast to prepare. It's rich and delicious...great ala mode!
- 3 (29 ounce) canssliced peaches
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 (18 ounce) butter pecan cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Pour the peaches and juice of two cans in a 9x13 pan.
- Sift the cake mix over the peaches.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Pour the peaches and juice of third can on top of butter and cake mix.
- Sprinkle the coconut and nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until brown and bubbling.
I am giving this recipe 4 stars for easy making and five stars for taste. I had alot of trouble making this but maybe it was me. I used peaches in light syrup not heavy syrup. And the only butter pecan cake mix I could find was 15.25 oz. and had pudding in it...so after 40 minutes it was really watery still. I took out some of the juice, and opend up a yellow cake mix I had and sprinkled that in and baked until all liquid was almost gone, and it was browned out top...actually everyone loved it...made for PAC fall 2011.