Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is best with a fresh peach but it will work with canned peaches.
Make and share this Peach-Brie French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 peach, peeled and in med slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream or 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons diced brie cheese
- 2 slices good day old French bread
- Spray the griddle or pan with non stick spray and heat .
- Beat together the egg, 2 tsp cream or milk, sugar and salt until blended but not frothy.
- Dip the bread into the egg mix, turning it to coat both sides, and soak for a bit until egg is absorbed.
- Grill the bread till golden and egg is cooked.
- while bread is grilling saute the peach half in one Tbsp butter.
- When done remove to plate and top with Brie and hot sauteed peach slices. Sprinkle with sugar if you like.
A quick and easy French toast with a nice topping! I did not have Brie; I spread cream cheese over the cooked toast and topped it with the fresh hot peaches. I used a multigrain baquette which was delicious with the nutty grains, cheese and peaches, I sprinkled a little Demerara sugar over all. Yummy!
Nice, simple French toast. I used thawed frozen peach slices and ended up spreading the brie over the bread since it was difficult to dice. Thanks for another good recipe Annacia.