Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't just eat local - drink it as well with this peach cocktail which is a perfect drink to toast the end of summer holidays. Make it with alcohol or without, so anyone can sip and enjoy. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 large ripe fresh peaches
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottlecold dry white wine (or 3-4 cups lemonade)
- 15 ml orange liqueur (optional)
- peaches, wedges or of fresh mint or lemon balm, for garnish
- Peel, pit and coarsely chop peaches; place in blender.
- Add sugar and ginger; puree until as smooth as possible.
- Whirl in water, then lemon juice; puree until mixed.
- In 2 freezer containers, stir together peach puree, wine and orange liqueur, if using.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes or until very cold, stirring once or twice.
- Serve in martini-style glass garnished with peach wedge and fresh mint.
- Note: For a non-alcoholic drink, stir in lemonade immediately after pureeing, then serve over ice.
I made this using lemonade and enjoyed the lovely flavors of peach and lemon! I left out the liqueur and wine. Thanks Annacia for a nice afternoon drink!