Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living magazine. Makes 2 loaves.
Make and share this Peach Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Place peaches and 6 tablespoons sugar in container of electric blender, process until pureed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar and shortening; cream well.
- Add eggs, and mix well.
- Add peach puree and dry ingredients, mixing until ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into 2 well-greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loafpans.
- Bake at 325 for 55 to 60 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out on rack, and let cool completely.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This is really good. I decided to use the butter and not shortening. I didn't add the nuts as my future hubby doesn't like nuts. I didn't really taste the peaches in this bread but it was still very good. My future hubby said it didn't matter it was still very good. I have a copy of this recipe. My copy of this recipe is called Louisiana Peach Loaf. My copy is slightly different it calls for 1/2 cup butter instead of shortening. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
This was a great easy recipe. The bread was very moist and nice and sweet with a wonderful mild peach flavor. It was especially wonderful just out of the oven with butter melted on it.
The bread was very good. I used 2 cans of sliced peaches (drained) and left out the 6 Tbsp. of sugar since this is the middle of January and no fresh peaches at a reasonable price. This has gone into my cookbook.