Recipe by wicked cook 46
From the Crisco website. Posting for safe keeping. I think I will try this with some homemade lavendar peach jam I have instead of the preserves. Times are approximate. This make 3 mini loaves but it could probably be done in a loaf pan.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with some peach Amaretto preserves that we'd recently purchased, & had A GREAT TASTING LOAF! This time around I made it as did NorthwestGal, but I fully intend to make several batches of this as mini loaves to include in my up-coming holiday gift baskets! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
- flour, no-stick spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 (12 ounce) jar peach preserves (reserve 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray three 3 x 5 3/4 x 2-inch mini loaf pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer.
- Beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- RESERVE 3 tablespoons preserves; set aside in microwave-safe bowl. Add remaining preserves, almond extract and buttermilk to shortening mixture. Mix 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing about 15 seconds after each addition.
- Stop and scrape bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide batter into 3 prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to cooling racks.
- Heat reserved preserves in microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 20 seconds; spread onto tops of cooled breads.