Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; a favorite family activity is picking fresh peaches from the local peach orchard.
Top Review by Sunflower
This is incredible. I get tired of banana bread so I wanted to fix something different. WOW!! This is moist and very peachy. Melted in our mouths. I took this to work and everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. Thanks for another great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix together next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with the peaches, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in orange juice concentrate and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from loafpan and cool completely.