Southern Living; a favorite family activity is picking fresh peaches from the local peach orchard.
Make and share this Peach Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix together next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with the peaches, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in orange juice concentrate and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from loafpan and cool completely.