Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Southern Living; a favorite family activity is picking fresh peaches from the local peach orchard.
Make and share this Peach Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix together next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with the peaches, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in orange juice concentrate and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from loafpan and cool completely.
This is incredible. I get tired of banana bread so I wanted to fix something different. WOW!! This is moist and very peachy. Melted in our mouths. I took this to work and everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. Thanks for another great recipe.
Made this to serve for breakfast. Oh how wonderful. This turned out so moist. I think the orange juice really inhanced the peach flavor. Very peachy. I served this warm and spread just a smidge of butter on each slice. YUMMY!!
Delicious, super-moist bread. I saw some people didn't think it was peachy enough, so I mashed a very ripe peach and used the juice/pulp instead of the orange juice concentrate. I also added a streusel topping. The result was amazing!