Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (no substitutes)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peach brandy
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons peach brandy
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together,add eggs 1 at a time.
- Mix flour and salt and add alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in flavorings and brandy.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tests done.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then remove to cool completely.
- Drizzle Glaze atop cake, if desired.
- For Glaze: Mix powdered sugar and brandy together and drizzle over cake.
Oh, instead of glazing with uncooked alcohol, you absolutely must top each slice with a Spiced Canned Peach half! You can find them at good grocery stores. I plated each with artistic drizzles of either caramel or dark chocolate syrup, a few sprinkles of cinnamon, the spiced peach half and a squirt of extra creamy Readi Whip, with another touch of cinnamon sprinkle on top ~ Amazing!
I made this a few days ago and it turned out fantastic. It had great texture and the taste was true to the recipe. It is very easy. I used a tube pan, Irish Butter and did not use the glaze. My wife said it was the best poundcake I have ever made.Thanks for the recipe.