Recipe by Dee514
Posted in reply to a message board request for "Fruit Liqueur/Brandy." Note:Use only fully ripened, unblemished fruit. Cooking time = fermenting time
Top Review by Katie Standard
My husband made this for a fellow who gave us a LOT of peaches from his orchard. When it was finally finished, we gave it a sample and it was the most wonderful brandy I have ever tried! We have given some to a couple of friends and they are begging for more!
- 5 cups fresh peaches, washed,pitted and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka or 1 (750 ml) bottle brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Use only fully ripened, unblemished fruit.
- Wash and remove pits.
- Chop and mash fruit.
- Place in a plastic container or large glass bottle.
- Dissolve sugar in the vodka or brandy.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Cover and let sit in a cool dark place for 4 to 6 months.
- Strain out the fruit and bottle.
- Your peach brandy is ready to drink!