Recipe by Barb G.
Sweet,yet tangy, these chicken wings can be made ahead of time, then reheat to crisp. The recipe comes from family Circle.
Top Review by averybird
I made this recipe using apricot preserves instead of peach preserves and rum instead of bourbon, as these were in my pantry. The glaze is just yummy. I highly recommend setting aside some of it for dipping (or make 1 1/2 times the amount, although a ten oz. jar of preserves at the store gets you the *exact* amount the recipe calls for as is). Also, don't skip the last step, be sure to broil these guys so the skin on the wings get crisp. The only thing I will do next time is use a different pan (no stoneware pan, when the sauce drips it bakes to black under broil!) Thank you!
- 236.59 ml peach preserves
- 29.58 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml Bourbon (or rum)
- 9.85 ml cornstarch, stirred into
- 14.79 ml water
- 1814.36 g chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees, line a 15 X 10-inch jelly roll pan with non-stick foil.
- In a food processor, combine preserves,brown sugar, garlic and salt; process until garlic is finely chopped.
- Remove to a small saucepan, stir in vinegar and bourbon; bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to saucepan; cook 2 minutes or until thickened(you will have about 1 1/2 cups glaze).
- Cut wing tips off and discard; cut wings in half at joint for about 36 pieces.
- Place on prepared pan; remove 1/2 cup peach-bourbon glaze and set aside; brush wings with 1/2 cup of glaze, roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; with tongs ,turn wings over; brush with remaining glaze; roast 15 minutes more,until juices run clear.
- To crisp skin, increase oven temperature to broil; broil wings for 2 to 4 minutes, serve with reserved glaze, enjoy.